Puppy Socialisation and Training Course »
This course provides an invaluable opportunity for your puppy to engage in appropriate interaction with other dogs. We also discuss various aspect of puppy behaviour and you will learn how to avoid problems and how to deal with common puppy issues as they arise. We also discuss diet, ways to feed your dog to increase stimulation, body language and breed characteristic behaviour and appropriate games. The training is done with kindness based on rewarding good behaviour with treats and play.
- As soon as you sign up for this class you will be sent some advice sheets to help you get your puppy off to a good start before the classes begin: 1) Toilet training, 2) Socialisation, 3) Bite inhibition, 4) Prevention of separation anxiety.
- At the first session you will be given an informative book called, Dealing with the joys of puppyhood, which complements the weekly discussions and training.
- The course program and written training instructions are provided for all the exercises each week.
- A complimentary bag containing dog treats and a small treat bag is usually included.
- Sit- in lots of different situations including when being greeted rather than jumping up
- Controlled play with owner
- Leave food/rubbish
- Settle down
- Walking on a lead without pulling
- Coming when called
- Handling and physical restraint tolerance
- Controlled safe exit from door/car
- Heel walking without a lead.
- Exercises to improve on dogs' attention to owner and to name.
Duration: 6 weeks. Each class is just under 1 hour long.
Start dates for Puppy courses:
- Sunday June 25th 17.30
- Thursday July 20th 18.30
- Sunday July 2nd at 19.30
- Sunday August 13th at 17.30
- Thursday August 31st at 18.30