Advanced Training Course »The advanced classes are suitable for dogs that have completed the Intermediate training course or have other suitable training experience. This course runs for six weeks with a maximum of 5 dogs. The training is done with kindness based on rewarding good behaviour with treats and play. For those interested in Gun-dog training, this course prepares dogs well for this activity but it is suitable for all breeds of dogs.
- Teaching your dog an emergency stop and sit at a distance
- Sit and wait for a send-out on command
- Recall away from distractions and play
- Responding to direction instructions from a distance, left, right, and back
- Stay with owner disappearing out of sight
- Send to basket/target from a distance
- Tricks such as leg weaves for a bit of fun
Start dates for Advanced courses:
- Sunday October 8th at 19.30
- Sunday November 26th at 19.30
Gun Dog Training »Over the summer months I run Gun Dog training classes in small groups outdoors for Spaniels and Retrievers. Dogs need to have completed an Intermediate level of training either with me or elsewhere to be suitable. Unlike most traditional gun dog training available my training is entirely reward based and force free.
It does not matter if you are interested in engaging in formal gun dog work or if you just wish to channel your dog's innate drive to work for fun. This is a great way to stimulate your spaniel or retriever whilst improving general obedience.
Please contact me for further information.